Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Carpet Under my Feet

Okay, Challenge for today, be aware of the feel of the carpet under my feet.
     
    So as I was getting ready this morning I started to put my socks on and my brain suddenly alerted me that my feet were up against something soft and fuzzy and it squished a little between my toes. I realized that my brain stopped to notice the feel of carpet. Out of no where, there it was, the sensation of carpet that I never notice.
        Then the thought occurred to me, how many times do we say, "I don't know how I got here?" or "I didn't even realize I was going down the wrong path." How easy is it to just pay attention to where we were stepping. I mean REALLY paid attention. So much so that we are noticing what it feels like between our toes. So often these days I'm walking around and not even realizing that I've gone from carpet to tile to concrete because it's my life. Carpet to get the kids hamper, past the tile in the kitchen and hitting the concrete in the garage to get to the washer and dryer. To really be aware of what I'm doing, to be a little kid for a moment and enjoy the carpet between my toes. (I vacuumed it for that purpose right? To enjoy it?!) Would Dorthy have gotten to OZ if she stopped paying attention and walked down the red path?? (side note: where does that lead anyway???)
       Sorry, Focus. My challenge for myself today is to walk barefoot for as long as is socially acceptable. lol Be a kid and really pay attention to the path/ground I'm walking on. How does the carpet feel, the tile and maybe just maybe the grass! Ha!  When was the last time you got little and noticed these things? Come on, Who's with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment